SPECIAL OFFERS | REVIEWS | IN AND AROUND | EVENTS | FOTO | NEWS |
THE CHURCH OF S. BERARDO (PESCINA) L'AQUILA:


THE CHURCH OF S. BERARDO (PESCINA) L'AQUILA

The Church of S. Berardo (Pescina) L'Aquila

The Church of S. Berardo (Pescina) is located in the area defined by the fence of the ancient fortified military complex of which it has incorporated the tower with square plan with the target of bell tower which are currently well visible on the ground floor the times to barrels with archibugers with irregular stone flooring.

The first known news of his existence comes from Pope Lucio III's papal bubble of 1181, begins to be called by S.Berardo since 1361, when the then bishop of Marsi Mons.Tommaso Pucci from Pescina moved the remains of Holy by the ruined city of Marsia (St. Benedict of the Marsi, in the church of S. Sabina).

Today some stone parts and some decorative elements (corinthian capitals) in brick and stucco are still visible and in good condition, still largely polychrome, there are obviously brick arches, and there are some original paving elements in clay pressed bricks.

source FAI


THE CHURCH OF S. BERARDO (PESCINA) L'AQUILA

Informazioni article by:
REDAZIONE, Pisa
Redazione






PisaOnline | Piazza Armerina | Hotels Web | Italia Search | powered by Internet Provider Pisa